Water Heater Repair in Columbia & Elkridge, Maryland
Having a functioning water heater is essential to perform a number of everyday tasks. When yours isn’t working properly, it can cause major inconveniences or even flood your basement. Keep in mind that a typical water heater has a life span of around 10-12 years.
Our team of highly trained plumbers at Heil Plumbing is able to diagnose and properly repair any problem you may be having with your unit. If you’re in need of water heater repair in Columbia, Ellicott City, or anywhere else in the Howard County area, give us a call, and we’ll take care of it!
Do You Need Water Heater Repair in Howard County?
There are a number of reasons why your water heater may need to be repaired. Some common signs that indicate a need for repair are:
- Puddles of water – As soon as you notice pools of water forming at the base of your water heater, you should immediately turn the tank off, disconnect the power, and give us a call. This could be caused by a failing tank.
- A lack or surge of hot water – When you start consistently noticing a dramatic difference in the temperature of the water, you should do some investigating. If you have a large family, your tank may just run low on hot water when all of you shower one right after another. You may want to have a larger tank installed. If you notice this problem constantly, no matter what time of day it is, your tank’s heating elements or thermostat may need to be replaced.
- Rust or water stains – When your water heater starts to age, you may notice rust spots or water stains caused by small leaks in the seams and connection points.
- White sediment in the water – If you notice small white flakes in your hot water, your water heater’s tank walls could be deteriorating. The debris from a failing water heater may clog the aerator in your faucet and lower the water pressure.
If you start to experience anything listed above, or anything else unusual with your water heater, give our team of plumbers a call as soon as possible. We’re trained and fully equipped to diagnose and solve any problem you’re experiencing.
Types of Water Heaters We Service in Ellicott City
We provide services to a number of different kinds of water heaters. Listed are the most common that we service:
- Standard water heaters – Tank water heaters have been the industry standard for decades in the U.S. and most of the time are still a homeowner’s best choice. They keep a tank of water heated and dispense the hot water to showers, sinks, etc. when necessary.
- Gas water heaters – Gas water heaters burn natural gas or oil. Where natural gas is readily available, it is usually the cheapest and easiest solution.
- Electric water heaters – Electric heaters use your home’s electricity to heat water in much the same way that a traditional tungsten bulb becomes hot as the filament shines.
Schedule Water Heater Repair in Howard County With Heil Plumbing
If you’re in need of water heater repair in Columbia, MD, or the surrounding areas, our team can help! We are family-owned and -operated and are truly dedicated to delivering reliable water heater services to the community. For all of your plumbing needs, choose Heil Plumbing.
The Heil Difference
We’re dedicated to offering the highest quality residential and commercial plumbing services for every customer. Our plumbers are available to respond to your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our residential and commercial plumbers in Columbia and Ellicott City cover every need, from simple fixture repairs to complex drain and sewer problems.
While we are based in Jessup, Maryland, our plumbing contractors also service Catonsville, Columbia, Ellicott City, Odenton, Clarksville, Elkridge, Fulton, Laurel, and Severn.