Sewer Line Repair & Replacement in Howard County, MD
A working sewer system is something you simply must have in order to have a happy and healthy home. Like other household systems, however, sewer lines can become damaged or simply wear out. When this happens, you want to get it repaired or replaced as soon as possible. Homeowners are responsible for the portion of the sewer line that connects their home to the county connection, usually at the street. At Heil Plumbing, we understand the importance of your sewer line and strive to repair or replace it promptly when you notice a problem. After a quick evaluation, we can let you know whether repairing or replacing would be the better option.
Sewer Line Repair
When you need a sewer line repaired, you need a reliable team like the professionals at Heil Plumbing. We will send a specialized camera down into your sewer line to get a good picture of what is going on inside it. There may simply be a clog that needs taken care of. Other things we might find could include tree roots that have caused cracks or connections that have become loose or broken. If possible, repairs will be made to eliminate the problem by clearing out the clog or tree roots or repairing the cracks. In the case of broken lines, a replacement may be necessary.
Sewer Line Replacement
Pipes wear out over time, especially if your sewer line is older and made up of terracotta or even cast iron. If the line is old, replacing it now could save greater inconvenience or cost in the near future. If there are holes in the line, it will most likely need replacing. Our trained staff can have your line replaced quickly, causing you as little inconvenience as possible.
What Are the Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe?
It can be hard to tell when your sewer line is in danger because it does its work underground and doesn’t normally give you anything to think about until a problem arises. However, there are some early signs of a problem that can make it possible to catch issues early. This can make a big difference between needing a repair or having to replace the whole line.
- Slow drains – Water should drain quickly. If it seems to drain slowly, you hear a strange sound as it drains, or water seems to sit for a minute before it completely drains, the line is not working as it should.
- Drains backing up – If your toilet won’t flush completely, you know you have a problem. The same thing goes for water backing up in one drain when it is going down a different one. For example, does your laundry tub start filling up when you flush your toilet?
- Wet patches in yard – Backups can cause the sewage to come up out of the cleanouts in your yard.
- Low spot in your yard – You may also notice a depression in your yard or driveway. Over time the dirt in your yard can settle causing your sewer line to settle with the ground and break or not to have proper fall for the sewage to flow in the proper direction.
- Bad smell – You can’t miss the pungent smell of a backed up sewer. It tends to smell a lot like rotten eggs. If your home has a bad smell that you can’t trace, or one that gets stronger when you are near a drain, it is most likely the sewer. The same indicator can be found in your yard if there is a line break in that area.
If you’ve noticed any of these problems in your Howard County area home, don’t wait to call a professional!
Sewer Line Repair & Replacement in Columbia & Ellicott City, Maryland
What makes Heil Plumbing different from other plumbers in the area? We genuinely care about exceeding your expectations, and our extensive plumbing industry knowledge allows us to do just that. For professional sewer line repair or replacement in the Howard County area, you can rely on our trained professionals.
The Heil Difference
We’re dedicated to offering the highest quality residential and commercial plumbing services for every customer. Our plumbers are available to respond to your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our residential and commercial plumbers in Columbia and Ellicott City cover every need, from simple fixture repairs to complex drain and sewer problems.
While we are based in Jessup, Maryland, our plumbing contractors also service Catonsville, Columbia, Ellicott City, Odenton, Clarksville, Elkridge, Fulton, Laurel, and Severn.